cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would O2 sell me a Huawei P40 Pro knowing Google Services is not permitted.

Google_Advocate
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Situation - 

• Going through a messy divorce and additional stress is being felt because I cannot install banking apps via Google Store as its not included. O2 want over £600 to end the contract, for a device does is adding more stress to me and my 8-year-old daughter.
  • EE set me up and understood my situation and even provided a sim only for my daughter. Brilliant service.
  • O2 keeps telling me 'it is what it is', ie just pay for a phone.
  • Formal OFCOM report being compiled.
  • New EE service, even via web chat was exemplary.
  • O2 state a manger will contact me in 5 days.
  • Sending my transcript from O2 to OFCOM.
  • Why is 'COMMON SENSE' not being exercised?

Thoughts?

Nadim

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

o2 will assume that you have done some research about which phone you are buying, or that you would ask questions about it's suitability @Google_Advocate.

Normally you can side load Google products (I have on my Fire HD 😎 but not sure if those still work on Huawei products.

Ultimately if you are within the 14 day period send it back. If not, then I am afraid you are stuck with it...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@Google_Advocate 

No point complaining to OFCOM they wont do anything with your complaint, and even the ADR service will probably reject your complaint. 

As before buying a phone, they will say you should have done your research and it is in the public domain that Huawei phones dont always come with Google Services due to the embargo by the US Government. 

Im sorry but this is common sense, and it blatantly says 

madasaf1sh_0-1628855395240.png

I'm afraid if out of the 14 days you will need to pay off the device at full cost as @gmarkj

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Google_Advocate wrote:

Thoughts?

You're going through a tough time & looking for someone to blame. Not sure this is O2s fault though, especially as you picked the phone. 

Message 4 of 4