cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is customer service so poor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yet again this morning I have had problems with O2 support over a very simple request.

I have a pay monthly sim contract, the phone was lost and my son made other arrangments. I asked if I could transfer an o2 pay and go number to that contract. 1st conversation with Live Chat I had to explain three times and was told no it can't be done. I thought about it and went back, I explained to another offshore person who said yes it can be done I will organise the sim, the sim arrived and yes you guessed it, it was for the original number. I then called customer service, after hanging on for 20 minutes to speak to someone I re-dialled but used the "are you leaving us" option. I got through to a guy in the UK and explained what I wanted to him. The PAYG number was chopped and the sim arrived on Tuesday, the wrong type of sim and the wrong number.  So at this point the PAYG cant be used and I still am paying for an account that can't be used.

This morning I called again and spoke to someone in the UK and went through the whole saga again, I was told that he woudl have to order yet another sim and it woudl take another 3 days. At that point I just said "leave it" I have had it, you can canel the contract and if you want to take me to court go ahead because I will not pay the remaining balance. Having calmed down I then called the "are you leaving us" number again, it took 19 minutes and 52 seconds for someone to answer.  By that time I just told teh person what I thought of their service. I am working from home today so took a break and popped into my local store to see if they can help. Guess what, it can only be done with customer services.   If you add to this the fact that I asked someone on live chat last night to organise a call back from a manager and they refused and also being told that there is no record of any sim being ordered you can see why I am going to leave O2. It will not only be me but my wife who has a sim only contract, my eldest son who has the same and three other PAYG arrangements. I am sick and tired of poor customer service, poor response times and I actually think I was lied two on teo occasions   

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

It's certainly a mess and the problem is that once a mistake or error has been made it seems so difficult to rectify.

Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @KetteringOrn,
I've just sent you a PM about the issue. Our team is looking into this but we need some info from your side. Can you please reply to my PM so we can try to solve this asap slight_smile
Message 12 of 13

sparkymarcopolo
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If there's one thing O2 are consistent for it's poor customer service (when there's a problem that requires resolving) either via chat or calling them direct......and when I mean poor I refer not doing or acting on what was agreed - it's like they recieve information in a clear and concise form, convert it and when it's spewed out it's jibba jabba, which you as the customer receives!

Thankfully there are people on here that have the ability and contacts to resolve, or do what I did and email the CEO's office which worked a treat.

Message 13 of 13