cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is O2 network so poor in wales?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will O2 ever invest on the network in Wales, its even worst than VF? Will O2 ever get 3G in rural areas?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

in most rural areas the areas arent completely covered with 2g or 3g or even both with any company

As said o2 with 4G is aiming to cover 98% of uk in the next few years now this will take time but there is also a project with Voda which will aim to bring a better 2/3G coverage also, its already started and in the East of England coverage seems to have improved a great deal. 

Also to consider as previously stated is to switch from 3G to 2G on your device and also worth remembering that the device you have may cause you issues so may be worth looking into that.

hope it helps

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you cant get 3g turn it off & stick to 2g as you will probably get a better signal

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is probably a question you may have to ask O2 direct to be honest. I do know, that if you report poor coverage to them, it is logged for future improvements to be made (suppose it goes on how many people in the area a new cell site will serve). If you are experiencing problems over a wide area, i would give them a call, so that fault diagnosis can be done. Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 have committed to cover 98% of the population once the 4G upgrade completes with 2G, 3G and 4G.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

in most rural areas the areas arent completely covered with 2g or 3g or even both with any company

As said o2 with 4G is aiming to cover 98% of uk in the next few years now this will take time but there is also a project with Voda which will aim to bring a better 2/3G coverage also, its already started and in the East of England coverage seems to have improved a great deal. 

Also to consider as previously stated is to switch from 3G to 2G on your device and also worth remembering that the device you have may cause you issues so may be worth looking into that.

hope it helps

Message 5 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

By the end of 2015:

What does this mean for our customers?

We will be pooling the basic parts of our network infrastructure with Vodafone to create one national grid across the UK running each operator’s independent spectrum. This plan will deliver fantastic benefits for our customers. In fact by the end of 2015, we are aiming to have 98% indoor population coverage across our 2G and 3G networks. Great news!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
EE already have 99% indoor coverage. It also seems to have 3G everywhere?
Message 7 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
EE already have 99% indoor coverage. It also seems to have 3G everywhere?

I can assure you they don't, but if you think they are that good why not move to them?

Message 8 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
My company uses EE and I can assure you the signal is worse than O2 and Three.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ee is also very expensive
Message 10 of 10