cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does O2 offer such a poor service?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with O2 for 4 miserable months, prior to this I was with Three mobile who actually offered a better deal than O2 however, according O2’s coverage map they performed better in comparison and although I was not completely happy with Three mobile’s coverage they did set the correct expectations.

I understand that O2’s network coverage checker is not 100% accurate but on the other hand I think O2 should have at least tried to make the network coverage map just a little bit realistic.

I feel like O2’s network is very out dated, most of the time I only receive GPRS even in areas where they have advertise strong out door and in door 3G and 4G coverage.

So my question is why is O2’s service so poor? It’s like being back in the 90’s!

Anyway my conclusion at my own expense of nearly £1,000.00 Three Mobile offers a better (and cheaper) network coverage despite O2’s network coverage checker contradicting my statement.

I would like to thank O2 for wasting my time and money.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Complaint process here mate http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Just customers you are talking to here so if you want to let O2 know, follow the link above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your suggestion. I have complained about this problem in the past and I was referred to your terms and conditions. My complaint was not taken seriously and some points that I raised were ignored.

Having read your terms and conditions I now understand that I need to find a strong coverage point in the middle of a field to send an email, however this is not practical and with Three Mobile I was able to access 3G in the comfort of my own home. Although your coverage checker does state I should receive a 3G and 4G signal indoors (interesting statement from O2).

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Indoor coverage can never be guaranteed and O2 and Three use very different frequencies so this will also have an influence.
Incidentally, Three have bought O2 so it's fair to expect some level of mast sharing in the future which may help you also.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
"Anyway my conclusion at my own expense of nearly £1,000.00"

So, did you take out a refresh contract directly from O2, or did you take out a standard type 24 month contract from the likes of Carphone Warehouse?

I'm intrigued as to how it's cost you quite so much.

It's also the reason that as customers, we always advise that you give a prospective network a trial run by using a payg sim in the areas you're going to frequent the most!

One last thing, most of us agree that the coverage checker is "generous" at best.

Charlie.
Message 5 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
To be fair, it's none of our business why it cost £1,000.00.
If i jumped networks and found the promises empty, it would cost me £5,000 easily over 24 months.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

They "offer" poor service, because they can get away with it. 

I don't want to hijack your thread, but, my own experience this evenin has lead me to cancel all three accounts I have with O2.

i ordered upgrades, was told they would arrive by such and such a date. I checked the order status, it said in progress - for days!

so checked with customer service for an update - only to be told that the phones were not in stock and wouldn't arrive with O2 for another 3-4 days, they would then be sent to me. 

Perhaps you could have let me know I enquired - we don't have the up to date contact details for you they replied. You managed to email me 6 times with various bits of information I remarked. 

I was was given the options to:

1. Cancel for a full refund 3-5 days wait

2. Wait for the devices to arrive - who know when

3. Go online and choose another device/devices - but they couldn't tell me what they had in stock

O2 are in essence selling devices that they don't have - sounds a bit fishy to me, a lesser man might suggest they were misrepresenting themselves. 

Ho hum - on hold now waiting for my PAC/PAK, then off to another supplier in the morning. 

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous An appalling experience. No wonder you want to leave. We have often said that until O2 improve their ordering system to one which covers live stock levels we can't see things improving any time soon....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Same old o2 continuing to take payment for goods not in stock. This used to be an annual thing but it's now a daily occurrence.

Message 9 of 9