cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the love for long term loyal customers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, i've been a loyal o2 customer for over 8 years now.  

My o2 contract is due for renewal on the 12th of this month (November 2012) so I thought I would contact an advisor through the chat system to see what offers/discounts o2 could give me against an iPhone 5.

I got nowhere!  The advisors excuse was that all payment plans are pre-set and that there is no leway for change, the advisor couldn't even move my upgrade date forward by two weeks!!

It seems that o2 are happy to make us fork out hundreds of pounds purchasing a handset year after year and then hundreds more on monthly contracts (on average £40 per month @ £480 per year) to run them but they are not prepared to give anything back, not even 2 weeks advance on an upgrade!

What makes this even more unbelievable is that Orange have activated 4G and so o2 sales will be effected.  

I think it may be prudent to wait until my contract has finished, then move over to Orange!

thoughts?!

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you want no service, bad cs, & bad tariffs, jump ship but o2 is good service for money & i am happy with whatever they offer me, after all its just a phone

Message 11 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
left a complaint shortly after I posted on this forum and still not heard anything from O2 customer service.... does o2 have a customer service! O2 service in general is a right shambles!
Message 12 of 71

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Was the complaint via email?

It does seem to take a while shifting the complaint around the various departments. However I've always had a reply normally within 2 weeks.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 13 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email reply takes between 5 & 7 working days not including weekends or bank holidays

Message 14 of 71

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
did u go through DISCONNECTIONS

they are the only team who can give a best deal.

HOWEVER iPhone deals are so few n far between. its like going to your local Porsche dealer and asking for discount for cash!!!
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 15 of 71

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I got a discount of a Porsche they offered me a vw golf from the garage next door wink
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 16 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

speak to retentions team about your options

Message 17 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree totally. I've been with O2 since they started - a gazillion years. Always loved it.  But the network coverage has got worse and worse and now I have no signal in either of my workplaces - it sucks.  And this evening I'm trying to terminate my contract and I've been holding on for customer services for a total of nearly 1.5 hours to get my PAC code.  I hate O2.  I am SOOOOOOOO hacked off I would never contemplate returning.  Can't wait to get started with Vodafone.

Message 18 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

choose the best network that has the best contract you are after & the best coverage in your area, i would advise you to try out different payg sims first to see which network suits you

Message 19 of 71

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
SIMPLES

each network allows u a return period and if your go to CPW or P4U obviously they can change networks a lot easier as they.do all of them.

the only prob I get is 2 worm holes in bristol and not always get H+ apart from that I have never really had a prob with O2.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 20 of 71