Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where has my MMS gone?

SnoozySuzy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am on the basic £10 a month Pay as you Go Go Go.  I only use texts and very occasionally phone.  I have never used the internet on my phone.  I like to send/receive MMS's but a few months ago this facility just disappeared.  Have I missed something?  I've been looking at the tariffs but basically don't have a clue as I am not into mobile phones and just use it for texting, MMS and very occasional phone calls.  Do I need to change my tariff?  If so, to what?  If anyone can help, thank you.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93242 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Although it's an old tariff you should be able to send and receive mms if you want to providing you have sufficient credit. 

Text ACTIVE to 2020, save the settings and reboot the phone. You should then be enabled for mms. 

T&Cs here... 

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/archive/tariffs-and-bolt-ons/3g-pay-and-go-go-go-terms-and-co...

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@SnoozySuzy MMS are sent and received over a data connection. I believe there is also a 40p per message charge to send an MMS. Have you switched tariffs recently?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @SnoozySuzy Have you disabled MMS in your phone settings?

There are more cost effective ways of sending pictures etc as MMS are expensive ...Have a look at this guide

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93242 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Although it's an old tariff you should be able to send and receive mms if you want to providing you have sufficient credit. 

Text ACTIVE to 2020, save the settings and reboot the phone. You should then be enabled for mms. 

T&Cs here... 

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/archive/tariffs-and-bolt-ons/3g-pay-and-go-go-go-terms-and-co...

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Data needs to be turned on and you also need additional credit.
Once you buy your allowances your top up has been spent and your balance would be zero. You need to add more money so that you have a positive credit balance on your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

SnoozySuzy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you everyone for your comments.  You have all been fairly correct with your answers.  While I was out with my daughter today she forcibly dragged me into the 02 store and it was all sorted in a matter of minutes.  Apparently it was something to do with the settings, although I don't know what and I don't venture into that area of my phone.  Anyway, I am now back to annoying people with my boring pictures!

Once again, thank you all for your help.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
You got sorted so that's the main thing, well done.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Good to hear @SnoozySuzy wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93242 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Good news indeed, it had to be the settings as nothing would have changed with the tariff.:smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 9