cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination Troubles

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two years ago (and a few months) I got iPhones with O2 contracts for my teenage kids. To make sure both contracts would be terminated after the two-year duration I called the helpdesk to cancel. The first termination was smooth, the second termination is a problem.

I noticed O2 does not accept a termination unless its done X weeks (I seem to remember 4) before the contract ends. The system can't handle a customer that wants to declare the termination six weeks before the end of contract.

When I called to terminate the second contract, the customer service agent told me to ignore all bills and pay when the final bill was sent. I might have missed that, but when I signed in on my account to check the status a few weeks later both contracts had disappearded from MyO2.

O2 did send a reminder (I now discover) but with 'mycare' as visible sender, no reference to 02. I get hundreds of emails a day, so why O2 doesnt show its name in the address of a reminder mail puzzles me.

Now I am getting mails from some sort of shady debt collector: Moorcroft Group. Their approach reeks of scammers. "We act on behalf of TELEFONICA O2 (UK) LIMITED and need to speak to you urgently regarding a personal business matter." I dont understand why O2 doesnt use a decent debt collector that is visibly linked to O2 and refers to actual contracts.

I am happy to pay what I owe O2, but as both numbers are deleted from my account I no longer have access to the overview of bills. That doesn't make sense either. I understand that numbers get disconnected when bills aren't paid, but why delete all info from a customers acount? O2 even deleted the link to a direct payment online.

Now I am trying to resolve this matter with the Payment Management Team at O2, but the telephone waiting times are a nightmare.

Please smoothen the termination process guys. Customers come and go, but they might come back if you give 'm a happy ending!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144292 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
You need to put this in writing to o2 by using the complaints process http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
This will ensure o2 see your concern as they do not actively monitor the forum.
However, @Toby can also feedback directly on your behalf and he may contact you for more information.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

This sounds like a real nightmare @Anonymous you would be well within your rights to make a complaint

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3