Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I see the money owed to me?

JeanF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the informed advice you guys give out on here.  I don't know why you support O2 when the same problems crop up so often, but you are providing help.

Just a few things I have found out.  In January I was told that O2 couldn't access my bank account.  I learnt from you that such glitches were not unknown.  Talking to live chat, I was insulted by the first person I spoke to suggesting that I didn't have funds to pay an £11 invoice.  The second person who I telephoned was polite, but didn't seem to understand the problem.  Having been transferred to CS when I said I wanted to cancel my account, I was given various inducements to stay, and not leave after 15 years.  I said I wasn't interested and to close my account.  Did I wish to take my number with me?  No, so he agreed to cancel my contract after the 30 days notification. 

Meanwhile I found out from this forum that you could send a cheque to clear an account.  This I did, but pointed out that I was not paying the £3.50 late payment fee as it was due to the O2 systems.  I was surprised to find out that in February O2 had cashed the cheque, then applied to the bank and taken out two more months of payments. They received the money, proving it was their systems, not my fault at all.  

Looking at my final bill I find that the company has refunded the £3.50, and shows me now in credit to £31.00.

Will they refund my account, or will I have to chase them for it?

I have a phone with a French company and they have a similar forum, but the big difference is that there is a person on it working for the company who can access accounts and deal with problems such as these.  Maybe if there were a similar person here many problems could be nipped in the bud.  It is only a suggestion that might prevent the person who doesn't realise that you cannot access accounts from being told he/she will have to contact CS.  

Anyway thanks for the good work you do.  It is a shame that O2 is not so helpful.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
With regard to your credit, the final bill refund is covered here https://www.o2.co.uk/finalbillrefund
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 25

JeanF
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you.  I will phone them tomorrow.

Message 3 of 25

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @JeanF, please do let us know if you managed to make any progress with this?

This forum is indeed formed of a group of customers and friends helping each other out. Occasionally we (the Community Team) can pass customer cases over to O2 to take a closer look at in case someone is having a tough time or is somehow stuck with an issue, to see if we can help on our end in any way. slight_smile Do let us know in case you need further help with this and we can send you a PM here on the forum to discuss in more detail.

Message 4 of 25

JeanF
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Marjo,

I telephoned this morning and was informed that they would refund me in 7-10 days.  Quite why it takes so long I don't understand.  Speaking to another company who owed me a similar sum the operator I spoke to did everything while I was on the phone, and the next day it showed up when I looked at my account with the bank.

I am not sure that I was very clear in my first post, but I did cancel my account via live chat, something that I read on the forum cannot be done.  Guess it depends on who you get.

Hoping that I receive my money, and wish you all well.

Message 5 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can cancel via live chat but it's not something we would recommend, based on past experience with them not cancelling as requested.
Community suggested methods are here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774#M56526
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JeanFIf you cancelled your contract via live chat, that was where the problem started unfortunately

Cancelling a contract can only be done by contacting customer services and speaking to someone

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774#M56526

I hope you get refunded soon...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 25

JeanF
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry Cleoriff, but my problem started with O2 before this, which is why I cancelled.

I tried to sort out one of your famous glitches with the system via live chat and got nowhere.  I tried to phone CS and was put into a loop of some sort before being cut off.  I then went back to live chat with a different operator who transferred me to another operator who gave me inducements to stay, but when I said no, he took the 30 days notice, and the line was cut off on the day he said it would be.  So as I said it can happen.

I am sure that you will have all heard these tales of woe many times, and I thank you for the help you give to people.  I only mention these happenings so that you can see that sometimes different things happen that is outside your normal recommendations.

Message 8 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As I said, you can cancel via live chat, but we don't recommend it as a guaranteed method.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5wrote:
As I said, you can cancel via live chat, but we don't recommend it as a guaranteed method.

Which is why it isn't in the community guidelines. Enough said I think.

The problems @JeanF has experienced, clarify why they can't do it properly and why they should never be used to cancel a contract.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 25