O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

SIM Failure

Yesterday I had the message SIM Failure appear and have not had any service since.  Ive tried turning iphone 6s on and off, software is up to date, tried removing sim and cleaning and putting back. Ive tried my sim in another iphone and still get the same sim failure. Ive contacted the O2 Gurus and after trying various things am now being told to erase all data from my phone and restore factory settings.  I asked why cant I just get a new sim and was told ' well its not that simple'. 

All my data is backed up and before I delete everything and start from scratch does anyone have any other advice or has had the same issues?  All advice welcome.

Thanks

Topics: 491
Solutions: 9,261

Re: SIM Failure

You need to call into your local O2 store who will do you a sim swap for free.
Take some form of ID with you too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

nil desperandum. When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, are taken away.

Level 1: Joiner

That's what I was thinking too, Ill pop in tomorrow and see what they suggest. Thanks

Topics: 491
Solutions: 9,261

If it’s a straightforward sim failure, that will fix it without the need to reset anything.
If it doesn’t fix it, it’s likely to be the SIM card reader that’s failed so will need a repair.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

nil desperandum. When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, are taken away.

A restore will do nothing only cause work for you. how does a 'guru' think that will help if the same failure error shows in another phone?

Sometimes I just wonder how they qualify for guru status....

Topics: 282
Kudos: 1,735
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,282

@Boredofthisnow The clue the guru should have spotted sim failure in 2 phones 

iPhone 8 256gb on yearly refresh 20gb tariff +10gb free data
iPad Pro 256gb refresh
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Let us know what happened after you visit the store today, @Boredofthisnow, and welcome to the forum smiling

We're looking for new Community members!

→ Check out these lovely quotes from our existing community members! 
  → Join our forum by registering here 
5 reasons to belong to the O2 community