cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When am I going to receive my Pixel 9 Pro XL?

Penny93
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I upgraded last thursday using switch up & the order still says processing and I have not received a dispatch email, despite the expected delivery date being tomorrow(22nd). However, on the actual order it says they have already sent the item, but alas, still no email. What should I expect?

image (1).png

Message 1 of 216
215 REPLIES 215

James871
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Another update!

So I pre-ordered my 9 Pro XL day after Google event. Was stuck processing so I finally gave up after 4 weeks of waiting, bought it directly via Google and had head office successfully "canceled" my order and return my account (Switch up) back to normal. By doing this they made a revised order which is still processing since 2nd Sept.

Missus is after a new phone so paid her contract off at EE and thought I'd just let her use my Switch Up and we'll buy a SIM only from EE for her. Enter O2 shambles again.

Due to the REVISED order being stuck processing no other purchases or switchups can be issued on my account. In store have issued a Helix complaint to their IT team but can be 10~ days for a response. I was hoping to get her new phone handled before end of week due to the 6m free airtime promo would saves me a small fortune but unlikely to happen.

I issued a formal complaint on 25th August - Still no response to that either but just adding fuel to my case as now I'm missing out on yet another promo offer due to their incompetence.

Awful company. Zero communication. Refuse to put their hand up and take responsibility. Fortunately the in-store staff are a pleasure and are always happy to help, just a shame the rest of the company are a bunch of clowns!

Message 211 of 216

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9115 Posts
  • 208 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

If you made a formal complaint @James871 on 25 August, you might have quite a wait yet ; we understand that it is taking up to eight weeks for O2 to investigate and respond to complaints.

And O2, same as all mobile network operators, have eight weeks to respond to your complaint before you can escalate to the Ombudsman. 👍   

Message 212 of 216

James871
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yep just a significantly higher response period than the promised "5-7 working days".

I'll be switching up to a random device when their systems allow me and just issuing cancellation in 14 day cool off period so I can be rid of the company for good. Customer services told me this logic is indeed viable and I'd be able to part ways with the company without any cancellation fees etc. Feels like Christmas!

Message 213 of 216

CJLewis87
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@James871 wrote:

Another update!

So I pre-ordered my 9 Pro XL day after Google event. Was stuck processing so I finally gave up after 4 weeks of waiting, bought it directly via Google and had head office successfully "canceled" my order and return my account (Switch up) back to normal. By doing this they made a revised order which is still processing since 2nd Sept.

Missus is after a new phone so paid her contract off at EE and thought I'd just let her use my Switch Up and we'll buy a SIM only from EE for her. Enter O2 shambles again.

Due to the REVISED order being stuck processing no other purchases or switchups can be issued on my account. In store have issued a Helix complaint to their IT team but can be 10~ days for a response. I was hoping to get her new phone handled before end of week due to the 6m free airtime promo would saves me a small fortune but unlikely to happen.

I issued a formal complaint on 25th August - Still no response to that either but just adding fuel to my case as now I'm missing out on yet another promo offer due to their incompetence.

Awful company. Zero communication. Refuse to put their hand up and take responsibility. Fortunately the in-store staff are a pleasure and are always happy to help, just a shame the rest of the company are a bunch of clowns!

Ahhh I think it's all making sense now - I am in the exact same boat. I think my impatience has gotten the better of me as in hindsight, had a left my original order alone, I probably would have been receiving the device today or tomorrow (based on @AamirM94 - who also got the same 2-3 day timeframe text last weekend). Basically, having cancelled my pre-order in the hope of putting a new one through for next day delivery, my stuck in processing PW3 order is preventing me from doing any other orders in the meantime. 

I've just been into the local store to see I could resolve it, but the guy had to raise a fresh helix ticket for this to be resolved. Obviously, based on that text/update note I had yesterday, the PW3 may well even arrive today, but O2 can't even tell me when this was dispatched or what the tracking info is! In any case, until it does arrive, I can't get that order moved on from the stuck processing stage.

So I'm stuck in this endless cycle of frustration and colossal incompetence from O2. I also wrote an official complaint on 11/09/24, but not expecting to hear back anytime soon. I will be demanding a favourable compensation if they want to retain me as a customer. It's been the worst customer service experience I think I've ever had. Nothing but hassle. 😭

Message 214 of 216

Dare
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Call them to cancel for you, so you can re-order a new one - that was what happened to me, most orders in August are stucked, and can't be updated.

Message 215 of 216

CJLewis87
Level 3: Thinker
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

1000242102.png

I'm unable to cancel as it's now saying it's been sent as of two days ago. I've had the same text two days running as well "sorry your order has taken us longer than expected. It should be with you tomorrow. Our carrier will text you." No other texts received and the twice I've called, they've just reiterated a ticket is still open... Nightmare. Maybe it'll come today and then I can get the order closed off so I can then re-order the phone, but I'm very sceptical.

Message 216 of 216