cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong with the online payment system? Not working properly for months

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is the online payment system still not working properly?  For the past 2 or 3 months I've tried different cards and computers but it just gets stuck - very annoying.

Then to top it off 02 have the cheek to email and text me saying my payment is overdue!!!!!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

You could avoid the annoyance by setting up a Direct Debit. You have to pay the bill every month anyway. Much simpler for it to get paid that way, rather than having to remember to do it manually every month.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You can also call cs to pay your bill but DD is the correct way to go.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it's the only bill i dont have on direct debit (apart from electric), but where the price can vary, i prefer to pay it manually.... just seems quite inefficient of the system which normally works fine...I've paid manually for years but for the past few months has been consistently not working.

Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes it's the only bill i dont have on direct debit (apart from electric), but where the price can vary, i prefer to pay it manually.... just seems quite inefficient of the system which normally works fine...I've paid manually for years but for the past few months has been consistently not working.

I can see your point...it does tend to give you more control but I pay everything like you via DD and my mobile bill included in that. it saves worrying that I may forget... (Perhaps this is why the system isnt working properly? A ploy by O2 to get you to set up Direct debits?...) Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

I understand what you're saying, but however much the bill varies, you're still going to have to pay it, and I'm also sure you know that you would be notified of any charges well in advance of the money being taken.

There have been other threads regarding glitches with online payments recently. I'm only suggesting setting up a DD to avoid the problems you're now having.

O2 are also pretty quick in cutting people off if bills aren't paid on time. There are many threads on here about that. If your bill needs to be paid now, call Customer Service, and while you have them on the line, set up your DD.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ultimately @Anonymous the choice in how you pay is yours.

With Direct Debit you get an email and a text on the day your bill is produced inviting you to check your bill. You can also log into myo2 to check the amount. Payment is then collected 14 days later giving you plenty of time to ensure funds are available. If your direct debit date isn't the best then CS can change it, call them on 202 to amend. Note if you push the direct debit out to a later date your next bill may be for slightly more than a month.

If you pay by any other method then you risk system glitches, human error etc which means you, the customer, has to run round like a headless chicken sorting it out.

For me DD is the way to go
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ultimately @Anonymous the choice in how you pay is yours.

@Anonymous I was wondering if that is still strictly true?  See para 5.13 of Your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement in full 

Edit:  Sorry @Anonymous   - should have known better than to question your judgment! Smiley Embarassed

Message 8 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's a pointless clause as o2 never enforce it.
Something I have mentioned numerous times.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It's a pointless clause as o2 never enforce it.
Something I have mentioned numerous times.

Ok - sorry if I misled anyone.  I did not know you ahd already mentioned it (or rather if I did know I had forgotten about it).  

Message 10 of 12