Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird call

mark2423
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Today I received a missed call from my wife. Nothing weird in that except her phone was next to mine at the time and she was sat next to me nowhere near the phones. Anyone know what caused that or had similar? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38534 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Probably a scammer trying to cold call you for something, and using a randomly generated or picked number to call you from - it does not mean your wife's phone has been hacked, just that the call, probably from a dingy room in a dark backwater in a country far away, was using a digit sequence to make it look as if the call was one you should answer. Luck, pure chance, that they hit on the number of your wife's mobile for the call, @mark2423.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
  • 38534 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Probably a scammer trying to cold call you for something, and using a randomly generated or picked number to call you from - it does not mean your wife's phone has been hacked, just that the call, probably from a dingy room in a dark backwater in a country far away, was using a digit sequence to make it look as if the call was one you should answer. Luck, pure chance, that they hit on the number of your wife's mobile for the call, @mark2423.

Message 2 of 5

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11250 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

Hi there  

@mark2423 

@pgn 

I  had a worrying experience today 🙃 

I have a Brother printer connected WIFI  

Haven't used it for ages. It is off at the machine and puts up message all functions disabled, when turned off.

I  was outside the house passing  the open window  where the machine is, when it started up as if were getting ready to print and went on for at least a minute 🖨  I  went in to look at the machine and it was off and no printing page, weired and felt sort of invaded pulled mains plug out. 😳 

So know how you feel.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 5

pgn
  • 38534 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions
Message 4 of 5

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11250 Posts