cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant receive texts after porting over to O2 from EE. Pleas help!

Tony77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I like many others it seems on this forum have not been able to receive texts (SMS) after porting over to O2 from EE.  My port started Friday morning and was complete by around 2-3 o'clock. I have an iPhone 13 pro max.

I was not able to receive SMS at all.  My old phone was S20.

Initially iMessage and Facetime were not activating and the number listed in the 'my phone' setting was the O2 temporary number.

I managed to change the number in the 'my phone' setting, save it and reboot, but alas iMessage and FaceTime still were not activating.

My wife tried sending me a text (sms) again and still no luck.  I tried ALL of the suggested fixes from looking pn here and other sites, reset network settings, factory reset phone, removing sim and re-inserting, forcing new carrier, turn iMessage/Facetime on and off, restarting phone, waiting the suggested timescale to allow it to work, and more.  Still nothing.

I went into an O2 store yesterday morning 20th August.  The lady there swapped my sim for a new one.  This allowed iMessage to activate along with Face time.  

However the issues with SMS STILL persisted, I could only send out texts and not receive them.  I was told to wait 24 hours after the sim swap and here we are over 24 hours later and still no text messages.  I can send SMS to myself (weird) but if my wife or friends send a text to me they get a 'not delivered' notification.  I try to log on to my bank (lloyds) and the SMS verification code they send isn't coming through.  I tried Paypal again and that SMS isn't coming through either.  Im getting a little miffed to put it mildly.  

I really want to get this sorted as Im seriously giving consideration exercising my right to withdraw from my contract.

Please help!

Tony.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Sounds like O2 have not provisioned your account correctly for an iPhone, @Tony77 - you will need to call them on 202, 08:15am is a quiet enough time to try this. Or reach out to O2 via Social Media, if you prefer, links below this post. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Tony77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As an update to this, I've put my O2 sim card into my old Samsung S20 and rebooted.  I was astounded to see all of my missed texts appear.  I can all of a sudden receive texts.

When I put the sim card back into the iPhone Im back to square one again???

Is this an issue with the handset itself?  Or a setting on iPhone that needs changing?

At my wits end!

Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Sounds like O2 have not provisioned your account correctly for an iPhone, @Tony77 - you will need to call them on 202, 08:15am is a quiet enough time to try this. Or reach out to O2 via Social Media, if you prefer, links below this post. Good luck!

Message 3 of 3