Did you mean: 

Voicemail temporary locked

SNIE
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello
I had a personal pin on my voicemail which has now temporarily been locked. I have tried entering the default pin 8705 as well as texting RESET/reset to 82901. But nothing has worked, I was also told to phone 07802 209 0100 to reset the voicemail BUT surprise surprise that didnt work either! 😡. Could someone please help and advise me further as I've had no joy through customer service or O2 chat online. Thanks in advance for your help.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@SNIE 

Everything we know about VM is here

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

If nothing works then call O2 to reset it . All numbers in this guide. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10160 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions

@sine

The default password hasnt worked for a long time, but you can try the below

You can reset your PIN at any time, just text RESET to 802901. You'll be sent a temporary PIN, which you’ll need to change before you can listen to your messages.

(ive just tested this and it worked for me).

You can change your PIN any time, just:

call 901
press *
choose option 4
follow the instructions for setting up a PIN.
When you set your PIN, try to choose a number that’s difficult to guess. So don’t go for repeat or consecutive numbers, or the year you were born.

Otherwise the only people who can reset your voicemail pin are customer services,

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 10

SNIE
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for this but I've been trying to do this for over a week, the text goes through but I dont get a pin reply back. What am I doing wrong
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@SNIE 

In my first post I advised you to call O2 to reset your VM if you couldn't fix it yourself.

All numbers posted above but can be found here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @SNIE just checking if you were able to get this sorted or if you are still having trouble?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 10

SNIE
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi no joy I'm afraid nobody seems to know what to do.
Message 7 of 10

SNIE
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I would really appreciate any help from anyone. I've tried speaking with customer service and they are unable to help, 02 guru don't know what to do either. I have texted RESET/reset to 802901 countless times and never once received a reply. I just need a temporary voicemail pin so I can set up another one and listen to my voicemail. Please any help/guidance will be greatly appreciated as I'm now at the end of my patience with it all.😡
Message 8 of 10

Bobster
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Same here. Voicemail locked as I don't know the PIN. Can't speak to customer care and cannot reset via text. I'll have to find the nearest shop to see if they can help.
Poor customer service
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 10 of 10