Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unprovisioned SIM following number port

MrMot
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am really struggling to get a reasonable response to this via the team on the phone. 

I ported 2 numbers from EE to o2 at the same time. One port (my wife’s) went ahead without issues. 
Mine seems to be stuck in limbo. My o2 SIM had worked for 4 days on the temporary number and upon porting, lost service which hasn’t returned since. 

I have carried out all the suggested such as network settings reset, tried an alternative phone. Even tried moving my number to an eSIM (via CS adding the ICCID/serial to the system their end, this hasn’t worked).

Both my EE SIM and o2 are now unprovisioned and I am due to travel to Bulgaria for work on Monday, leaving me 2 working days to sort this. Otherwise I am without comm’s whilst there which is unthinkable!

I have called EE to confirm the number was released as expected and they confirmed this. 

Further testing shows that a call to

my ported number from o2 routes to

voicemail but from any other network fails as unknown number. 

I see there are o2 team members on here. Could I please ask you to reach out. I am

at my whits end with this and have no idea what the next step is. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MrMot
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Lisa I see you’re a miracle worker. Could I ask for your help please 

Message 2 of 15

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @MrMot, of course, I'll message you privately so I can take some account details and I'll look in to this for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

JonoL
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa , can I reach out and ask for your help on this too?

I am having the same experience with porting to O2 (from three) , my O2 sim worked on the temporary number for 3 days, but I'm now on the 3rd day of no service at all having meant to be ported across, the number is unrecognised from outside the network and "SIM not provisioned for voice" pops up on the phone everytime the phone restarts. I've done as advised by customer service all the things including switching off and on again, taking the SIM out and popping in again and network reset like they original poster!

Hoping you can help!

Message 4 of 15

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Hi @JonoL, of course, I'll message you privately now and look in to this for you 😊

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 15

JonoL
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just like to thank @O2Lisa for so quickly resolving my issue in a matter of minutes, definitely a miracle worker! 

Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

We know that @JonoL. 😂

Pleased you are sorted now x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

MrMot
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Lisa @JonoL  my SIM has been unprovisioned for the third time now. Each time I’ve had to go to a store, get a new SIM and go through the SIM swap process. 

I returned from a work trip to Bulgaria today only to find I once again cannot make contact with the outside world. Moving to o2 has been a horrid experience. 

How was your issue resolved? I asked for PAC codes for my two SIMs and was told I will have to pay early termination fees. I’ve only had service for 40% of the last 13 days. 

I’ve raised a complaint which I imagine won’t result in much so will look to move to OFCOM.

Message 8 of 15

JonoL
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MrMot , sorry to hear you're still having problems. @O2Lisa had refreshed my account - not sure what that entailed but I was then asked to restart my phone - there was then full service and I could call and text both incoming and outgoing after that .

I did have one more unprovioned event three days later but restarted the phone and it was okay again and put it down to maybe someone else refreshing the account after my previous customer service calls which were passed on to another team to resolve.

It may be worth tagging one of the account advisors on duty today to see if they can help you today - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Account-advisors-daily-rota/m-p/1376268#M3578

Hope that helps

Message 9 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@O2Waqasare you able to help @MrMot please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15