Voicemail blocking

PennyG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all
Hope everyone is keeping well.

Just want to ask how to stop voicemail messages from blocked contact on my Samsung note 10 plus
( incase phone matters)
As phone doesn't ring but I do get voicemail which I don't want. . . I have also emailed Samsung to ask them if this is an actual feature and if not to please make so asap as I do not want to change my number

Thanks in advance for any help given to this problem

Mrs G
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122916 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@PennyG 

As far as I am aware, if you have blocked the contact on your phone then they shouldn't be able to leave a voicemail.

However, I wonder if it is one person with the same number or a company who tend to change their numbers every time you block them? If it's the latter then you won't be able to block them.

If it is annoying you a lot then either dont listen to the voicemail or go for a change of number. You are allowed one free of charge if you call customer services Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

All you need to know about voicemail here Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

PennyG
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi thanks for your reply ..
No it's a private household not a company number, they don't even put 141 infront of their number it goes straight to voicemail at their end and can and do leave messages .. really do not want to change my number ..
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122916 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@PennyG 

Then take a look at the guide to voicemail I left in my previous post. There is a lot of information there which may help?

You could always turn voicemail off, though that would affect any other caller. However, you could see who called and return a call to those you wish to.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

PennyG
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have my message seems to resolved
Asked can **61 * 62 work if contact is blocked?
Message 5 of 8

PennyG
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Grrr my message has desolved
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122916 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

As you have posted on the VM thread I linked to, the answer is as I thought, blocked numbers can't leave voicemails. They will get a disconnected tone.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/bc-p/1292879... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
There must be a big in the software of your phone if it allows blocked calls to go to voicemail.
Samsung should look into this for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8