cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value for Money?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Each time I make a call, I'm having to tell the other person to call me back. The durations of the calls are never more than a couple of minutes before I get them to call me back, and each time it's almost like another £1 has dropped from my credit.

I'm being horribly ripped off.

Everyone's seems to be on contract, except me. While contracts may work for most people, it won't work for me. I don't top-up more than £10 every 2 to 3 months; so you can see just how little I use my phone. Clearly I'm being punished for not being on contract.

I've had my existing plan and current sim card for nearly 15 years; you've certainly made your fair share on the back of me, and I'm certainly one of the loyal customers you're ever going to have. With that said: stop ******ing me about.

I've noticed I'm topping-up more and more frequently over the last couple of years, except I'm not calling any more than before--which is why I've finally decided to register on the forums and complain about it. It's gotten to a point where I'm now revaluating the value for money you supposedly offer and deciding whether to switch providers altogether.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Your old tariff will likely be more expensive than the one I've suggested, which as I've said is 5p per min to call or 5p per text.
You can get your current call rates from the link I gave you to your MyO2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Why not just switch to classic PAYG https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go#simtype=classicpayasyougo
5p per min calls and 4p per text ?
You can change by logging into your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 or by calling customer services on 4445
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm already on Pay and Go, what's so different about this plan? I don't even know what plan I'm currently on.

Message 3 of 10

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

As a matter of interest, how old is your phone and sim card? Its possible one or the other (or both) is faulty or even the local transmitter is experiencing issues which may not have been reported which could be the cause of your call reception. 

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I got the sim card around 2003-2005 (don't remember exactly when), so perhaps 14 or 15 years old.

I'm not having troubles making calls. It's just really expensive when I do.
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Your old tariff will likely be more expensive than the one I've suggested, which as I've said is 5p per min to call or 5p per text.
You can get your current call rates from the link I gave you to your MyO2.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous Follow the advice given to you above. You're shooting yourself in the foot if you don't.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

You need to take some responsibility yourself. You have been on the same tariff for some 12-14 years and will be paying something like 40p/min. Calls are rounded up to the next nearest minute so yes it will be expensive. 

Tariffs these days are much better value and change year on year. You've been given the best tariff for your use but also you need to look possibly at other networks and find something better. Your loyalty is admirable but means nothing to O2. They are quite happy with what you are paying and won't offer you a better tariff whist you remain ignorant of even knowing what tariff you are on at present. 

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Three 321 payg tariff is excellent for ad hoc users.. only downside you need a 3G enabled phone!

but like they’ve said above..  check with O2 and see what’s what!

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Yes other networks may well have more cheaper options so that may well be good for him. From the sounds of it though using the same sim for that many years points to an older phone just used for calls and texts. Probably 3G enabled though. 

Message 10 of 10