Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT

Claire007
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My bill was higher than expected due to VAT. I got a tariff for £38 but was billed £43 due to VAT. Why is this? It’s like false advertisement when getting a new contract.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Claire007 

On consumer contracts vat is inclusive. Business contracts are exclusive of vat though.

Check in My O2 and I think you will find it was a payment left on your old contract and has shown on the first months bill. Next month it will be as per tariff quoted. .

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/first-bill 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Hcs
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently upgraded my phone and didn't get a VAT invoice note with it and need it to get free gift how can I request a invoice note to be emailed to me.
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Hcs 

To get a Vat invoice you need to call O2

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

However it's not a vat invoice you need to claim a free gift, it's proof of purchase. You will find this in My O2 under My Orders. Click on that and download as a PDF.

You can then attach it to your claim.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Hcs
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank for the reply I have sent them this information they are telling me it's not the correct information I have sent.
Message 5 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35768 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

It may also be your first bill that the company needs, downloadable as a PDF from the View and Download Bills section of MyO2 on the Web. You may need to clear cookies and cache to get to this section if you have been logged on to the O2 Community Forum. 

Good luck, @Hcs 

Message 6 of 6