Did you mean: 

Urgent help required please

AmyMcK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all.

I was due an upgrade this month. My account is in my fathers name but with all my other details - this was for credit check purposes when I was 16 and set up the account.

I went online, selected the device and plan I wanted and opted to collect in store. This posed issues as I was not my father and didn’t have a physical copy of his ID - fair enough.

As the phone I had currently was broken, the staff member recommended that I set up a new account with o2 under my name, he would find a deal similar to what I found online and I could pay for and walk away with my new phone that day (Thursday last week).

I went ahead with this. He gave me the new SIM card and told me to insert it to the phone and call 202 when I was with my dad for a transfer of ownership - made it sound very simple.

I have a one week window to do this as I will only see my dad when visiting for Christmas and then not again for quite some time. I attempted to do it today (Monday) and was told I couldn’t as it hadn’t registered that I had returned the order made online in the account under my dads name.

I never left the store with this order and cannot understand why it hasn’t been returned. I’m very confused now about what I’m paying for (2 phones or 1?) and what SIM card I should be using.

I feel sick with the anxiety of this situation. My limited window to complete the transfer of ownership is running out and advisor on the phone could offer me no solution and could not get in contact with the store to query it.

Very long post I apologise but can someone please please clarify why this order will not have returned and what I am currently paying for due to this situation?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning, thanks for the tag @jonsie 

I'll message you privately @AmyMcK so we can get this looked in to for you

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@AmyMcK 

I'm asking the O2 staff members to see if they can assist you later this morning

Check for a private message  at the top of the community page

@O2Lisa  @O2Daniel ?

Message 2 of 7

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning, thanks for the tag @jonsie 

I'll message you privately @AmyMcK so we can get this looked in to for you

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

AmyMcK
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you so much for tagging and helping!
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

AmyMcK
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just wanted to hop back on and say that I called 202 again today and had a much more helpful advisor who was able to sort this out amazingly! Much better than yesterday when I spent 45 mins on the phone and got nowhere.... enjoy your Thai whiskey Jonsie, great way to bring in the holidays!
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 7 of 7