Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading.

Hawkspian
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve had my 02 phone since August 2019. Just looking at the upgrades and it says I can’t upgrade till 2023? What the? I’m used to upgrading every Two years on Three before I came to 02. What’s the deal? What is 02 refresh and why aren’t I on it? Some advice please. I can’t be stuck with an iPhone XR for 4 years that’s ridiculous. I just assumed I’d be upgrading every 2 years like on three. Help please.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Hawkspian 

If you bought online with O2 you will be on refresh automatically.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hawkspian Hi, O2 refresh is explained here: www.o2.co.uk/custom-plans/refresh

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Hawkspian 

How and where did you get this contract?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Hawkspian
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
02 online. So I went in to the upgrade area on the app and where it said I could upgrade in 2023, I hit upgrade me now. It turns out I can upgrade for free using 02 refresh even though I wasn’t on 02 refresh. Managed to bag myself an iPhone 12 5G with a similar tariff with no extra charge whatsoever. What’s more is 02 will give me £170 for my XR. Meaning not only have a got a free early upgrade, I’m also £170 up. Read a few reviews on trust pilot about the recycle option and how people are not getting paid out so may just sell privately, recon I could get £200. But yeah, glad I looked in to this and didn’t just settle.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Hawkspian 

If you bought online with O2 you will be on refresh automatically.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5