cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading or New Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

My current phone has the groovey shattered screen effect going on since being dropped a few months back, and no longer reads my SD card after I discovered it is not waterproof, so naturally I have been looking for a new phone.

O2 refresh allows me to upgrade at the nominal fee of £12, but onto a contract which could be obtained cheaper elsewhere as a "New Contract". Is it possible to buyout my contract entirely, take out a New Contract and trasnfer my number over? I'm aware the PAC code can be used to switch from Network to Network, but O2 to O2?

If not, when cancelled does it end the agreement immediately? Signal where I live is pretty...sporadic so I would consider switching networks. Not bitter about the lack of service as it is generally fine everywhere else, but generally just would like a new phone at a competetive rate.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You can buy out your contract simply by contacting 202 and paying off the remaining months times the monthly tariff (less any bolt ons or insurance you have).

You can get better deals at most independents and it certainly pays to shop around. I would go with the network that gives you best coverage in your home, work vicinity and normal travelling circle. You could check with cheap /free P&G sims or check friends' coverage and see what network they are on.

Whatever you choose to do keeping your number is no problem.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You can buy out your contract simply by contacting 202 and paying off the remaining months times the monthly tariff (less any bolt ons or insurance you have).

You can get better deals at most independents and it certainly pays to shop around. I would go with the network that gives you best coverage in your home, work vicinity and normal travelling circle. You could check with cheap /free P&G sims or check friends' coverage and see what network they are on.

Whatever you choose to do keeping your number is no problem.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

The Pac code is only for moving your mobile number from o2 to a different network.

Jonsie is correct in saying shop around. Cpw for example can offer good deals. Speed to Refresh is inky available through o2 online or in an o2 shop. Other independants can't offer you refresh.

I understand a new phone is important but your primary goals should be Network Signal,  Tariff and then handset. 

Take your time and shop around. 

Enjoy the journey. 

Message 3 of 3