cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to 'sim only' with problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
upgraded to sim only tarrif. Phone is 3G only and the tariff advertised as '4G' ready. 02 said it would work but I now have no internet i.e 3G not working.

Turned phone off and on few times after receiving texts conf all applied but no joy.

Also have 3 hrs of calling and holding I couldn't get any help from calling.

Really shoddy support with upgrades. Badly communicated instructions.

Anyone know if it can work what I need to change in settings?

Thanks in advance for any tips.
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Your apn's should be iData but if you don't have the correct bolt on on your account you will have to use "mobile.o2.co.uk"
If the mobile apn works you will need to call CS or Live chat to get the bolt on changed on your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
How long has it been? It usually takes 24 hrs to get into place, if you are still having troubles I would either try going into an o2 store to get help directly or call CS on 202
Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
What phone and are you changing from payg to simo?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently took out a sim only contract with o2 & even though I live in a city centre I never get a 3G signal & my phone constantly switches between 2G & 3G never staying on 3G for more than a couple of seconds! I think its o2 connectivity is just diabolical.
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the forum.

Look at your Service Status to ensure your masts are ok via -> http://status.o2.co.uk

A good help thread of generic help tips -> http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/m-p/593752#M59833

Take a look at your APN's in your mobile phone -> http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings

Try texting ACTIVE to 2020 -> Save the settings -> Reboot your phone.

Check in your Myo2 to check you have data allowance left and check in your phones settings to ensure Mobile Data is turned on.

Contact O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business. to ensure your account is ok.

Let us know how you get on please. 😄
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous , can I ask what phone you are using ? Some tariffs require a data bolton or a change in settings

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Where are you as there are many 3G issues all around the country at the moment.....
Hopefully the network upgrades will come to your area soon but until then........

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Rosadosc I have an iPhone 5. I tried the settings someone else mentioned and it didn't work. It's been over 24 hrs now without 3G working. I went onto sim only but not PAYG. It's a rolling monthly contract.

Spent hrs on hold unable to get through to 02.

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Your apn's should be iData but if you don't have the correct bolt on on your account you will have to use "mobile.o2.co.uk"
If the mobile apn works you will need to call CS or Live chat to get the bolt on changed on your account.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi MI5 you were right. I finally got through to customer services and despite my records and confirming I was iphone they had added the incorrect android bolt on. All now updated.

Thanks for everyone's support and if anyone else stumbles across this post my tip is to call 02 and select not the upgrade team but the 'I have a technical problem with phone team' - it will saves you hours and days of time if they are busy with calls.
Message 10 of 13