cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade current sim only with a new sim from Virgin volt bundle?

Gadget34
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I currently have a pay monthly sim under contract until November. Virgin Media have offered me an unlimited sim with a bundle. Can I upgrade my current number to this sim?

I tried asking o2 and they advised I would need to pay early termination charges on the current sim and then port my number to it.

I have purchased a new sim from uswitch previously and upgraded my current sim to get a new deal whilst still under contract so thought it would be possible?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6784 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

If you are wanting a Volt Bundle from Virgin you do not need another O2 SIM as the one you already have qualifies you.

Virgin are noted for selling customers something they neither need or want.

But no doubt Virgin will insist you have to have the SIM via them, which is plain wrong.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

Gadget34
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yea I understand that just reviewing my options as I know the o2 sim provided is expensive compared to the ones on uswitch.

Message 3 of 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6784 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

I  renegotiated my Broadband and gave them the hard sell for a change. Got my SIM through USwitch and then applied for Volt through O2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 4