Did you mean: 

Upgrade after 3 or 6 months?

Woody00
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys,

I am a new O2 customer and have just taken out a 12 month Sim only plan as I didn't have the £400

upfront for the phone I want.

It did say that if I paid my bill on time for a certain about of months I could upgrade to it with the

phone I wanted.

Looked on the forum and some people are saying 6 and some 3.

Does anybody know this for definite?

Thanks!

Woody

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Woody00 3 months if you meet the T&C's https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Woody00  It would depend on your circumstance. As you're a new customer they may run another credit check if you were upgrading to an expensive phone. Best to speak to customer service. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Woody00 3 months if you meet the T&C's https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have always understood that it is three months. Best option is to call them. Various ways here ::

O2 Contact

Message 4 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
That is, after you have paid the 3rd month on time in full...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 7

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I'll be honest I have crap credit history and took sim only and if I'm right I think I was few days late with 1 payment and was able to upgrade to the s9+ it took 3 months but i have seen some post on here and they said it should be 3 but they had to wait 6 months so i think it depends on circumstances
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As long as you meet the T&C requirements as I posted above, you can upgrade after 3 months, with no further credit checks.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7