Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade advice

Macc2020
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been with o2 for about 6 months and am thinking about paying off what i own on my phone and upgrading to a better up to date phone.

Now do they do credit check on upgrades and would they send me a new sim as want to keep the same sim that i am using now?

also on the phone that i would like it says i would get 6 months disney+ but i am still using the 6 months that i got when i joined o2 so would i still get the new 6 months with new phone?

also can i keep the same plan that i am on now as when i did a test upgrade early on it kept making me chose a new plan.

Could i upgrade in a o2 shop or as i joined online would i need to do it online and if i can do it in shop do thay keep stock of phones in shop and what i need to take to store with me?

many thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Macc2020 

There are no further credit checks for upgrades.

You can keep your current SIM card but you must choose a new tariff. You can't keep your old one unless you just buy a new phone outright.

You will have 30 days to choose Disney and a further 30 days to redeem it so you could time it to start when your current offer runs out. 

Edit. Yes, you can upgrade in store or online. Take your passport or driving license with you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Macc2020 

You can keep your current SIM card but you must choose a new tariff. You can't keep your old one unless you just buy a new phone outright.

You will have 30 days to choose Disney and a further 30 days to redeem it so you could time it to start when your current offer runs out. 

Edit. Yes, you can upgrade in store or online. Take your passport or driving license with you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Macc2020
  • 11 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Macc2020 

Many thanks for that.

i went into store on Friday and upgraded to a Sammy S20 5G phone which i am happy about.

went for the Disney+ so will redeem it on day 29.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Geoff_84
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, just wondering if u could help me, iam thinking of paying off my remaining device plan to upgrade to a new phone (airtime contract dont finish until December) if I pay my device plan early and upgrade to a new device will there be another credit check for this, thanks 

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93222 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 6 of 7

Geoff_84
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thanks for replying 👍