cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade/Refresh Scenario

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys!

I'm going to upgrade to the iPhone 6 but I want to do it in a certain order and wanted to know wheather it would be possible!

I want to get my new contract before paying it off, so would I be able to keep all my details etc.!? And then I want to sell my phone what I have now before I pay off the contract so that I then have the money to do so.

Is this possible!?

Any replies would be much appreciated!

Thanks

David

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume your on refresh.

You could sell your current phone now to accrue the funds and then ring O2 and pay off the current handset plan. And then upgrade to the iPhone 6.
Message 2 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
You can do it your way but you would have 2 contracts running for a month, or maybe two....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right ok, thanks. Would it be possible to get my new contract beforehand do you know?

Message 4 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right ok, thanks. Well the next bill for my current contract is not until November now so I'm thinking if I just pay it off before then.

Message 5 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can open a fresh contract yes with its own mobile number and then ask customer services to transfer your 1st contract mobile number to the new one when you're ready.

Bit of a long winded way.

Refresh is set up to be able to pay the handset plan up whenever you want and upgrade. No messing with transfer of mobile numbers then.
Message 6 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh I see, thank you. In the past I have done it the simple way of paying it off and then upgrading on the same details but this way would be best for me financially. 

Message 7 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
At the end of the day it's what works for you. 😄
Message 8 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! slight_smile

Message 9 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Providing your credit is still OK you shouldn't have any bother getting a new contract first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 37