Did you mean: 

Upgrade Question

iar1980
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi

I have just taken out a 12 month sim only contract. I have been told by the agent that i am entitled to upgrade to a phone contract after 6 months. The question i wanted to ask was are all o2 customers offered the same upgrade deals at upgrade time, if not, what factors affect what type of upgrade you are offered?

Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
One of the "criticisms" I hear frequently both on and off Community is that o2 won't complete, especially with the MVNO's.

Tesco Mobile and GiffGaff do better deals generally (both use o2) and some are even better. Others give unlimited data where o2 (except for Lyca) don't.
Message 11 of 12

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3417 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Yes that's probably one of the reasons I stick with the parent company rather than a subsiduary. From O2's point of view, they are providing a lease on their network and anything else is up to the provider afterwards. Again they should be more co-operation between all parties even if the only real person benefitting is the MVNO.

Indubitably true. Samsung S21 Ultra and Xiaomi 14 Ultra
Message 12 of 12