Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted sim contract

Buntz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I upgraded my sim only contract as I wanted a new handset. I clicked on the link update existing contract. As I knew I already had a sim and had no need for two sims and one handset.
So when I got my new handset 02 also sent me a sim card to, so on my account I have 2 sim plans and a device plan and on my bill it states I'm going to be charged for both sims even though I have spoke to 02 twice now and been told that one would be removed and all would be fine but I still have two sims one handset. Please can anyone help
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Upgrading should not have given you two contracts so I’m not sure what went wrong there.
You always get a new SIM card but it’s not usually active. They provide it in case you need a different size to the one you already have.
Anyway, your old contract will now need to be cancelled https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774#M56526 so you only have one to pay for.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Ask customer service to migrate your original number to the new contract. That will end the old contract and the final bill will be adjusted and debited or credited to the new contract.

Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Upgrading should not have given you two contracts so I’m not sure what went wrong there.
You always get a new SIM card but it’s not usually active. They provide it in case you need a different size to the one you already have.
Anyway, your old contract will now need to be cancelled https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774#M56526 so you only have one to pay for.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Buntz and welcome to the forum! Let us know how you get on with your contract, and if you need any further help slight_smile 

Cheers @jonsie and @MI5 for the advice sun

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4