Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual message about my bill

Jmac102
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got the following message -  It doesn’t have O2 as the name, it’s a phone number +447749415097 then goes on to say -

O2:We were unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid fees, update your billing information via: [Removed]   As my bill isn’t due for a few weeks I was immediately suspicious. Anyone else seen this?  

Had tried to email O2 direct but they don’t make it easy to contact them that way and I can’t do live chat at present.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Jmac102 

Lots of reports of this on here - It's a scam.

Ignore it and block the number. Do not follow any links.

I will also ask admin to remove the link from your post to prevent others from clicking it.

@Martin-O2 @Marjo 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Just ignore the text message. It's a scam and has been sent to many customers. Delete it and don't click on the link.

Message 3 of 9

Baron
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yup I just got it as well and came on here to try to contact o2, same no joy of getting through to them so found your post, how did this “scam” get all of our numbers?
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Baron 

They don't have numbers. A computer randomly generates them and sends out the text messages.

I have had them on a Vodafone and EE number too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hello @Jmac102 and @Baron 

Scammers good you checked here.

Everyone needs to keep alert. 

Best wishes and welcome to the o2 community forum Wave

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 9

djbsuffolk
Level 9: Fired up
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

There are lists of the code allocations for mobile numbers, the 5 digits starting with 07, online so it's quite easy for the scammers to generate random phone numbers and get the right carrier (assuming the customer hasn't ported to another carrier)

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 8 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for reporting this one @Jmac102. You did the right thing by reporting it and not clicking the link. I've removed the link from your post to make sure no one clicks it and we'll let O2 know about this. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9