cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecognized media message charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help?

I have been receiving charges for 'media messages' that I have not sent since November 2012. I've notified O2 but they've not been very helpful.

I can prove that the messages in question, which appear on myO2 bill but are not on my phone's activity log, have not been sent by me.
Has anyone else had this problem?

If so, how did you resolve it?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
If you can categorically prove you didn't send them you need to raise an official complaint, unless you can anywhere with CS. Are you using an iPhone by any chance?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
If you can categorically prove you didn't send them you need to raise an official complaint, unless you can anywhere with CS. Are you using an iPhone by any chance?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not using iPhone. Have made a complaint via the Chat facility

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean by 'CS'?

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Good luck, let us know how it goes. Generally the chat facility is pretty useless for anything other than run of the mill enquiries so you might have to chase them up...

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you mean by 'CS'?

Customer Services - Call 202 free from your O2 phone.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

D'oh! Thank you

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks, I'll see how the Chat goes, get a reference number and chase up on 202

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Good luck slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

The contact on chat advised me that I'll receive a credit on my next bill but did not specify the amount which doesn't fill me with confidence. I called '202' and they advised me that I should wait for my next bill to allow the solution proposed by the 'chat' advisor to be actioned. Watch this space, I guess!

Message 10 of 12