cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have got my unlock code and have put different sim in then it asks for sim pin which is12 digits long . When I do this it says it's incorrect can anybody help .
Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Insert the other sim from another network and your phone should then prompt you for the unlock code.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi batman

Please double check the communication you received from O2 to ensure your entering the code exactly as they wrote it.

Try not to use a virtual network SIM card to try the unlock as they have been known to be glitchy when unlocking.

If no joy then you could ask for the unlock code again via the unlock request form and or give O2 a call on 202.
Message 2 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks it's not unlock code I having problem with I having got that far lol . The 12 digit number on micro sim it won't recognise it for some reason
Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I assume your unlocking your phone to use it on all networks.

When you insert the Non O2 uk SIM card , ie Vodaphone or EE as examples ,does a pop up box appear on the phone where you can enter the unlock code.
Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I am . I presumed I had to Put in sim code before I put in unlock code
Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Insert the other sim from another network and your phone should then prompt you for the unlock code.
Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
It works thanks . Email I got made it sound like I had to put sim pin code in 1st
Message 7 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome.

Good to hear.

slight_smile
Message 8 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
A sim pin is only required if the sim you are using has been used previously and had that security feature enabled on it. Even then they are usually only 4 or 6 digits long.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5 said "A sim pin is only required if the sim you are using has been used previously and had that security feature enabled on it. Even then they are usually only 4 or 6 digits long."

It is indeed surprising how many people still don't have this useful security protocol turned on to protect SIM card usage.
Message 10 of 25