Did you mean: 

Unlock Code

Refeat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Can someone help me out.

I have a Sony Ericsson Z600 that I want to put my O2 sim into, but it's asking for an unlock code.

I bought the phone on ebay in 2005 and I'm not aware if it is locked to another network. I know there were O2 booklets in the box it came with.

Surely if it is an O2 phone I shouldn't need an unlock code. If not then how do I proceed?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144292 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
Hard reset via a cable and PC Suite here http://www.hard-reset.com/sony-ericsson-z600-hard-reset.html
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 23

Refeat
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

When I don't have the SIM in the phone I can't get past the "Insert SIM" screen. 

Message 12 of 23

MI5
  • 144292 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
Looks like the default lock code is 0000.
Try entering that then press Yes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 23

Refeat
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I tried that, unfortunately it seems the default code has been altered because it returned the "wrong code" message.

It looks like I'm going to need to try the cable and factory reset route. Im not even sure what kind of cable would link this phone to a computer. There was no cable in the box. Any ideas on the type of cable required?

Message 14 of 23

MI5
  • 144292 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
Probably a DCU11 which was the standard SE cable back then, but check your connection port.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Refeat I hope you don't mind me asking, but I'm curious as to why you're trying so hard to unlock such an outdated phone?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 23

Refeat
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

It's for a family member whose previous "dumbphone" has finally packed in. He is used to that type of phone and does not want a smartphone, he would likely break one too. I did buy him a new Nokia 3310, but his old SIM card did not fit and he does not want all the hassle of switching numbers over etc (if it's even possible).

Given that roughly £80 has already been spent on this phone it would have been an easy fix too simply give that one to him. However, if I cannot get it unlocked he may have to pay £150 for a new phone the same as his old one.

Message 17 of 23

MI5
  • 144292 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
A market stall will cut down their sim so it fits the new Nokia, if that helps?

Currently using:
Message 18 of 23

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Refeat it would be great to hear how this turns out so please keep us updated on your situation. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 19 of 23

Refeat
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

MI5, would it be possible to cut it myself, or is there a particular special method?

Message 20 of 23