Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlatching

Moo1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My contract is fully paid and I have been trying to get my s6 unlocked since 5 Dec. Several chats and phone calls to o2 advisors and 3 different codes have all been unsuccessful. Has anyone else had this problem and can advise. Going round in circles and not getting any results
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Community help here but have you tried another sim in case it’s not locked?
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

Moo1
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I will look at community help but yes I have a paid for ee SIM card which we have tried 

Message 3 of 23

MI5
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Make sure it’s an unlock code that you are asking for and not a PUK or a PAC etc.
Following the link in your MyO2 as described in link is the safest way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 23

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Moo1 welcome to our forum. Have you had any luck with the unlocking yet or are you still waiting? It would be great to hear how you're getting on with it. slight_smile

Message 5 of 23

Moo1
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No help whatsoever from o2. My phone is still locked. No1 returns my call when they say they will. Am paying for ee and still getting bills from o2.
Message 6 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122912 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Moo1Why are you still getting bills from O2? I thought you said your contract had ended.? Did you give O2 notice?. If not it will still continue as a rolling contract.

Information on cancellation here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 23

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
If you can get someone with a pay monthly sim to use the phone for a little while (until it is recognised by their My o2 - either app or website) then they can request the unlocking.
If you still have an account then you can do the same.
Or you could complete the form in the guide linked above.
If both of the above are not possible, then the only other way is to get a pay as you go sim (classic tariff) and put £20 on it. Use that for a couple of calls, then submit the second form linked above.
Unfortunately most o2 Customer Services cannot call out, so it is not likely you will receive a call back.
You could try raising a complaint (details on the contact us page linked at the bottom of this one) which might get a resolution.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 23

MI5
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As you have said you’ve tried 3 different unlock codes you’ve probably hard locked the phone now so it will never be unlocked.
Port your number to EE which will cancel your o2 contract and sell the phone.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

Currently using:
Message 9 of 23

Moo1
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My Contract ended on 2nd Dec so I have a bill from 2nd Dec to 2nd Jan as am still using it as I cannot use the new ee sim until its unlocked. There's no need to give them notice of leaving. O2 have asked me twice for a separate contact number for a call back from escalation team but here I am a month later with no call back
Message 10 of 23