Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlatching

Moo1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My contract is fully paid and I have been trying to get my s6 unlocked since 5 Dec. Several chats and phone calls to o2 advisors and 3 different codes have all been unsuccessful. Has anyone else had this problem and can advise. Going round in circles and not getting any results
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Moo1
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
And I have already put a complaint in. It's a phone that's only two months old so would prefer not to sell if it can be sorted. They said as long as you don't enter the same code more than 3 times the phone won't be hard locked. I only put 2 different codes in once
Message 11 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
You said 3 codes before?
You do still have to give 30 days notice to cancel even though your contract is complete.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122948 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

That was my point re cancellation. If you don't give 30 days notice your contract will continue on a rolling basis. It wont just stop because your contract time is up @Moo1.

So you will either have to give notice (or use your PAC which would automatically end your contract)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 23

Moo1
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes sorry I did all that and received a pac code right at the start and had the conversation regarding leaving o2 etc
Message 14 of 23

Moo1
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They sent me 3 codes in total but the 3rd code was the same as the 1st
Message 15 of 23

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Are you sure you have received an unlock (NUK) code for your phone and not a PUK ?
Have you submitted the request via your MyO2 as originally advised?
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 23

Moo1
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi yes I received 8 digit unlock codes and yes requested via my o2
Message 17 of 23

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

A PUK is 8 digits,, all numbers.​An unlatching code will be longer and include letters. If you still have access to My O2 then request the unlock code through the app. You will also see the PUK under my device. Check it against the codes you have been given. 

Message 18 of 23

Moo1
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I've checked that just now. The puk is different number. They know I want to leave and I want to use different network. I always request through o2 app

they have just sent me another code today and its exactly same as the one that doesn't work. Someone else said it might be because it is too soon after my contract is over. Any comments? I CANT SEE WHY THAT would make a difference

Message 19 of 23

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Makes no difference.
Something or someone is wrong somewhere.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 23