cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected call charges, how do I get to speak to someone?

jwood42
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Seriously unexpected and unexplained call charges in April but unable to connect with O2 by phone or chat to find out why, although lines are supposedly open.  On phone, held in a queue and then cut off; chat fails to connect at all.

This is not good enough O2.  Please tell me how to get help on this.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hi, avoid chat as they're renowned for being rubbish.

You need to persevere with calling customer services as we have no access to your account info. We're just customers like u.

Charlie.
Message 2 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Have you checked in MyO2 to see what the charges are for?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 9

jwood42
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for that.  Having had problems getting any answer from them, I was hoping someone from O2 might spot the post and respond.   After several attempts I have now spoken to someone.  I hadn't realised that (1) they don't warn you when you get near your voice call monthly minutes limit (2) that any over-limit calls are then charged at an eye-watering 40p / minute. 

Normally we stay well within the limit so this is the first time we've been hit by this.

We'll take care from now on and keep checking the remaining balance.  I hope no-one else gets caught out like this!  

Message 4 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Have you got the O2 app on your phone, as that can be a great help?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

A lesson learnt the hard way @jwood42  slight_frown At least you have the answer now and I hope all goes well for you in the future

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone had issues where they bought the international favorites bolt on but were charged the higher rates? What is the best way to sort this out?
Message 7 of 9

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
At least you've now gotten to the bottom of it. As advised use the my O2 app. I find it invaluable for keeping track on my calls texts and data.

Charlie.
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

The only way to get any kind of understandable explanation is to call customer service I'm sorry to say. Live chat has its uses but I'm struggling to find one! 

Message 9 of 9