cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upgrade my phone. Should I just cancel?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

About a month ago my current mobile phone (HTC One X) died on me and I have been unable to use it ever since.   Anyway, seeing as I was due an upgrade on the 16th December I decided to just wait without a phone for a few weeks and upgrade online.

Anyway, with Xmas and New Year being busy for me, I have only just got round to seeing about an upgrade.  I was part way through the online process, when I got to the page where they send you a four digit code to your current phone.  As my current phone is totally broken, I'm unable to recieve this code.   I asked the online help team and all they said was to put my Sim Card into another phone in the household, but my simcard in a micro sim and all the other phones in the house don't support the micro sim. 

Does anyone know of a way where I can recieve this four digit code?  I'm also certain that the same thing happened to my previous phone (in that it died before upgrade) but I somehow mangaged to get the four digit code but can't remember exactly how I did it.

I'm also possibly thinking of just cancelling the contract if I can't get it sorted anyway, but ideally would like to stay with O2. 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Ok great, well I may write a 'post' for their ideas section and run by you via PM.

Cheers!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 21 of 23

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Interested to know what they say Toby, thanks again.:smileyhappy:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 22 of 23

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Quick update guys,

I've raised this on the Lithium community for you as a question and shall submit an idea if needed.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 23 of 23