Did you mean: 

Text increasing data to 5gb?

adeuk5
Level 3: Thinker
  • 38 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I've had a text from O2 :
O2: Good news. We're increasing your 4G data allowance. So you'll get 5GB of data a month, instead of 1GB. That's 4GB extra, for nothing. We'll apply the change to your account on 7 January.

I was already on the £22 4g contract with a 5gb data bolt on for £5. As 5gb is enough for me does this mean that I no longer need the Bolt on and that I get 5gb included with the £22 plan?
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147102 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
You should get a reduction to your bill equal to the amount you pay for your bolt on. It will show as a discount on your bill every month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
  • 147102 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
You should get a reduction to your bill equal to the amount you pay for your bolt on. It will show as a discount on your bill every month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 21

adeuk5
Level 3: Thinker
  • 38 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Many thanks for the reply, but is if not simpler for me to cancel the bolt on or am I missing something?
Message 3 of 21

MI5
  • 147102 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
If you cancel the bolt on you'll get nothing. Your bolt on has to remain on your account and O2 will credit it for you - That's how they are doing it.
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just switched to the £21 O2 4G simplicity Unlimited 12 month tariff with 1GB data.  Will I get upgraded to 5GB?

Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just had 4g added to my account. I get unlimited texts, mins & 1gb. I am not on refresh, I got mine through cpw.

Should I be expecting the text. ....... To 5gb???
Message 6 of 21

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
only direct with o2 from what has been posted still waiting for official news item
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a similar text - although I am on the 5GB 4G data tarriff at £27 a month. It looks like I am being upgraded to 8GB of data a month. I don't require 8GB of data every month - I will never use it all. Do you think they will let me drop back down to 5GB with the cheaper £22 data tarriff?

I just spoke to someone at O2 to request this and the muppet didn't have a clue what I was on about. He asked if I wanted to reduce dowen to 5GB which is technically what I am still on at the moment as the upgrade hasn't kicked in yet - so I thought best to leave it. He would probably screw up my account. lol. I'm a bit reluctant to call back now. 😞

Message 8 of 21

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
only o2 could help you but as it is a promotional issue I doubt it the point is they are giving everyone more data or if on the top package already removing the 4g access charge.

we are still awaiting the official o2 news post about this change
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah I had just edited my post. Yes, I'm sure they won't let me drop down to a cheaper data tarriff but I thought it maybe worth a shot as £27 a month is really more than I want to pay. But why don't the O2 staff know about basic things like 4G tarriff upgrades?? The guy was clueless! He seemed genuinely shocked when I told him I was being upgraded to 8GB. tongue

Message 10 of 21