Did you mean: 

Unable to get data while roaming in Norway

Ochoytnik
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, 

I recently upgraded my old phone to a Samsung A32 on pay monthly. I was in the UK and the data was working fine when I was away from wifi. I got sent on a job on a ship in the North Sea, we make port calls so we can get cellphone service. Other people have switched on data roaming and they get 4G immediately at full strength I get EDGE. I have added a data bolt on even though I have only used 6Gb of my allowance (12Gb) so I know that I have data left to spare.

I have enabled data roaming

manually selected 3G only (nothing)

selected 5g/4g/3g/2g (get 2g)

reset network settings and restarted phone

texted ACTIVE to 2020 and I receive back: "Sorry we?re busy right now. Please try again later. You

haven?t been charged for this message"

I have tried to text ACTIVE a few more times and got the same result.

I have swapped the SIM to the second SIM slot with identical results.

I have tried to swap networks manually but only two are available (Telia and Telnord)

I have cycled through airplane mode and manually disabled and enabled the mobile data

I have reset my data alerts, billing date and data limit.

when the ship was in the UK two weeks ago I used the phone as a wifi hotspot to download some youtube and udemy content so the usage went from almost nothing (at home on wifi because COVID) to 6Gb in one day. The only thing I can think of is I am being capped because of fair use.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Ochoytnik
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Other people on O2 are getting 4G by the way.
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 3