cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get an Unlock code from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Joined O2 in June 2012, obtained Samsung Galaxy S3 on 2 year pay monthly contract. Phone was replaced by O2 insurance in November 2012 due to cracked screen. Submitted request for an unlock code via the web form and received email from mycare@o2mail.co.uk saying

that as the phone was not purchased from O2 they could not find the details on their database and could not provide a code. They asked for further details but when I tried to respond to their email I got an automated reply that I had not contacted them by their website they were unable to respond!

As suggested I contacted them ny Live Chat who eventually advised me that the imei number was registered to the insurance team and I would have to call 202 and ask to speak to them.

I put a call in and when I asked to be transferred to the insurance team, the advisor asked why and when i told him the issue he said he could help and that there was no need to talk to the insurance team as they wouldn't be able to help. He said he could see the imei number on my account and would submitr an unlock request on my behalf.

I have now received another email from mycare advising again that the phone was not bought from O2 so they can't help!!!

Where do I go from here?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Tajnia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How did you solve this problem as I face the same problem no one helps me does not solve my problem. I hope you help me community! I received the link but it doesn't work, this link is useless. I contacted live chat but no solution. I bought a modem from a person I don't know and I can't find that person and o2 doesn't help me at all! what can I do ??/ Thank you

Message 11 of 11