Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change payment details - card expires in 9 days

Joe_mcm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Whenever I try to change my payment details either online, via the app or by contacting telephone support I am required to enter a pin that has been messaged to my o2 number.

The problem is the sim card I use is inside a Netgear M1 router powering my internet and I only have access to an iPhone locked to another network so I am unable to receive this code.

I am at high risk from Covid and therefore shielding so I cannot visit the store.

In 9 days the card on my account will expire and I will start getting angry unpaid bill letters. Is there anything I can do? I was shocked to find even after passing security on the telephone I was still unable to add my new card details. 😩

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Joe_mcm 

Your sim card can receive texts and to read them you need to login the the router control panel.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Joe_mcm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Amazing, I had no idea, thank you!! I'll try it now.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You're welcome
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4