cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change contract on data useage

Anonymous
Not applicable

I updated both my wife and my phones at Carphone Warehouse at the same transaction and they offered me  the £36.50 tariff for 3GB data, unlimited text and minutes.  My wife had exactly the same handset, albeit different colour, for £36.00 but only 1GB of data. For an extra 50p it makes sense to get my wife 3GB of data to match my tariff.  I spoke with O2 and they told me I need to raise this with Carphone Warehouse and Carphone Warehouse have now told me that they only act as a third party, so I should be able to get this resolve with O2, so I'm like a ball between 2 bats and frustrated!!  Can someone tell me what I need to do to get this resolved.  I upgrade just under a month ago.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Not sure after a month you can change your mind now. It appears the onus was on you to pick the correct tariff at the time you took out the contract. If you had spotted this within 14 days then you could have changed the tariff....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

How long since you took out the contracts? I think the only way forward is to cancel if you are within 14 days and start again with certainly your wife's contract . O2 can't help with this I'm afraid.

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

How long since you took out the contracts? I think the only way forward is to cancel if you are within 14 days and start again with certainly your wife's contract . O2 can't help with this I'm afraid.

@Anonymous stated 'just under a month ago' in opening post @jonsie...which is why I don't think either O2 or CPW are the ones to change anything. it appears he is out of the 14 day cooling off period...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Yes I see now. I don't think cpw will be overly helpful either but certainly o2 cannot change it now. Might be worth looking in My O2 to see if he can upgrade after the month?

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Check in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and have a look what your tariff upgrade options are?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6