Did you mean: 

Transfer number

jf04
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I am aiming to transfer my phone from being in my mums name to my own- so i have bought a new contract in my name and then want to transfer my number to my new phone. I was told to do this i need to ring 02 for them to change it over for me which is fine, but i just wanted to check should i set the new iphone up like usual before hand (restoring from the icloud) or should i wait to do this until my old number is linked to the phone instead. I am just aware whatsapp is linked to my old mobile number so i dont want to confuse the process. 

Hope this makes sense, apologies if this is obvious i just havent done a transfer of number before so want to double check i do it correctly so i dont use all my data on my old phone. 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@jf04 

You can do either, but if you set it up before the number transfer, just don't open WhatsApp and it will just sit there until you fo the number migration.

You'll probably get popups telling you that WhatsApp is linked to a different number, but just ignore it.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

After you migrate your number, you'll also need to go to 

Settings >Phone >My Number and edit it to your number, save it and reboot the phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@jf04 

You can do either, but if you set it up before the number transfer, just don't open WhatsApp and it will just sit there until you fo the number migration.

You'll probably get popups telling you that WhatsApp is linked to a different number, but just ignore it.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

After you migrate your number, you'll also need to go to 

Settings >Phone >My Number and edit it to your number, save it and reboot the phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

jf04
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah great thanks thats helpful!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4