cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer O2 rewards to a different number?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I changed from PAYG to pay monthly a few months ago and I keep getting texts from O2 to tell me I have £15 worth of O2 rewards to save or claim - I know that I cannot save or claim as I'm no longer on PAYG (I've already tried) but is it possibly to transfer the rewards over to someone else on PAYG with O2?

TIA x

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Rewards are non transferable.

To be eligible each Quarter, you must stay connected to O2 Pay As You Go on your current mobile number until your Rewards have been claimed or saved. If you change your O2 Pay As You Go mobile number during a Quarter you will not be eligible for any Rewards earned against the old mobile number at the end of that Quarter.
If you change your O2 Pay As You Go mobile number during the Programme you must opt-in again on your new mobile number. Rewards will be earned from your new opt-in date to the end of that particular Quarter.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/pay-and-go-rewards
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
What you should have done was to claim the credit before changing to contract. That would then have been credited to your contract bill.
Not sure if you can still do that now but you'd need to talk to CS to get the best result.
http://www.o2.co.uk/shop/paygotopup/10backontopups
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have claimed if it was an option but you can only claim the rewards are every 3 months, I have been pay monthly since mid August and been getting texts from O2 since October telling me to claim.  I have already tried CS but they were busy so thought someone might have an answer. Thanks for the reply anyway!

Message 3 of 5

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Rewards are non transferable.

To be eligible each Quarter, you must stay connected to O2 Pay As You Go on your current mobile number until your Rewards have been claimed or saved. If you change your O2 Pay As You Go mobile number during a Quarter you will not be eligible for any Rewards earned against the old mobile number at the end of that Quarter.
If you change your O2 Pay As You Go mobile number during the Programme you must opt-in again on your new mobile number. Rewards will be earned from your new opt-in date to the end of that particular Quarter.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/pay-and-go-rewards
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

The only way to stop the unwanted texts is to speak to someone at O2. Ring customer services or contact live chat and ask them to turn off text notifications about rewards as you are no longer eligible for them.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5