cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The issues begin

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I've been with o2 for just over 2 months now and that's the issues starting unfortunately 😞

When I first joined, I was getting excellent 4G, over 23mbps. Now, I barely get 2G and the speeds for data is around 0.3mbps.... big difference.

Calls and texts are dropping so I go onto the technical team guru's.

They confirmed to me that I'm on the borderline of coverage and when it's busy, I lose service and become ' back of the line' so to speak.... all for £46 per month!

Feeling really annoyed that this all starts way beyond my cooling off period.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

After reading this thread from my previous post onwards is it possible that they are upgrading the mast to 4G?

Message 21 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

After reading this thread from my previous post onwards is it possible that they are upgrading the mast to 4G?

I did have 4G at the very beginning of the contract but that disappeared a few weeks after the cooling off. I just hope it really is upgrading etc as aside from this I've been quite pleased with how it's been going.

Message 22 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
They can't pick your phone out and send a crap signal to it just because you are outside of the cooling off period.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use the complaints route @Anonymous & let us know what happens 

Message 24 of 30

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As I have said elswere on here if your area is on the fringe of 4g there are loads of issues (based on handset looking for speed data not quality of voice connection) try setting the phone to 3g or 2g only to see if you maintain a signal. That is what I am having to do. And cell breathing occours only on 3g (the way a cell size reduces as the site become loaded) so for calls forcing 2g is best .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 25 of 30

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous did you try my suggestion ?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 26 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Little update for you all ;

O2 complaints responded and also did note I am in an area that seems to have a signal 'black spot'. They did also mention that their terms do state they can't have 100% reliability etc. However they have agreed to cancel the plan without penalty given he issues.

I've enjoyed being a part of the community etc though! Just glad that o2 have shown great service when dealing with the facts of my issues. It's rare to see these days
Message 27 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Excellent outcome @Anonymous. You don't have to leave the O2 community though. Many members here are with different networks after starting with O2....so it would be a shame to lose you. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 30

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

It'll be a real shame to see you go and I hope you do pop in occasionally anyway! Sorry to hear O2 signal is not great for where you are.

Best of luck for the future and don't be a stranger! wink

As @Cleoriff says, plenty to get involved with here, even if you're not an O2 customer.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 29 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Thanks for the update and it's good to see they have been so understanding. Good luck with the new network.

Message 30 of 30