cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message problems?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I never received a text message from a friend the other day, and we thought someone was ignoring someone (Situation). He recieved my message but I never recieved what he sent. Why is this?

And also something REALLY wierd happnend in a message where something else was sent to me instead of the proper written message. I only found out because the message was a little wierd and didn't make sense. A few words at the end of the text didn't make any sense.

We compared what was sent and what I recieved and they were strangely different (not the whole text but the last sentence).

Orange to O2 by the way. And iPhone 4 to Galaxy Nexus.

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Agreed. As far as I can see it is a huge waste of resources. Better spent on hiring half the staff in the uk. Which would also bring jobs to the uk.

At least your question will be understood rather than a answer from a script.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 21 of 43

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

One of the South Yorkshire call centres is being moved to South Africa shortly.

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/22446/O2_to_move_jobs_to_South_Africa.aspx

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 22 of 43

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The question I'd like to ask is if they are keeping the 200 staff on, why do they need an off shore call centre, and what jobs will they be offered?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 23 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not liking this, this means higher costs passed onto us. O2 should aim for the upper end of the market with customer services which they currently kind of are right now.

Message 24 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
It should actually mean the opposite but who knows.
Message 25 of 43

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hey if you can cut costs and charge customers more your laughing all the way to the bank.

I hope they're not laying off staff 😞
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 26 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not always, customers will see the quality of their services etc. and leave because its poor quality incomparison to what they're paying for. EE seems to have shops all over the place now, I know its two carriers combined but it looks like they've opened more shops on top of that too.
Message 27 of 43

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Not always, customers will see the quality of their services etc. and leave because its poor quality incomparison to what they're paying for. EE seems to have shops all over the place now, I know its two carriers combined but it looks like they've opened more shops on top of that too.

Have you checked out some of the complaints EE are getting already, people are expecting 4G and not getting it:

https://www.facebook.com/ee?fref=ts

Message 28 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope but I know there are always going to be unhappy customers no matter how good customer service maybe. Its just a fact, but this can be reduced by hiring able staff. I'm not saying EE is good, far from it. I'd get 4G on three whenever they release an unlimited plan tongue

And also I've noticed there are a lot of people unpassionate about phones working in the O2 (and other networks too) highstreet stores near where I live. They're not as technical minded as me. I've tried applying for a job in O2 and was rejected for not meeting the desired critera for treating customers. How do they get away with this when they have worse employees out there? It must just be friends and family, hmm contacts. It's about the people you know 😞
Message 29 of 43

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I won't lie who you know counts for way too much these days.

Unfortunately at the end of the day O2 will hire people who interact well with customers(or supposedly better at it) not too many people really see a phone as much more than a way of contact. It's not so much the technology it's "can it make calls/txts? Has it got that web thing? How much? Ill take it."

To be fair I semi fall into this category. My phone is a business utility. The fact I can use this forum and play some pointless games whilst away from home is just an added bonus.
Message 30 of 43