Did you mean: 

Text from 20 30 claiming to be from O2?

MrsElleDee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I've been getting the same text message multiple times from 20 30 about connecting to the internet and changing my cellular data setting to idata.o2.co.uk (and further URLs for MMS and to download all the settings from some site starting with http://adc.o2.co.uk.) 

I've not made any changes and don't plan on doing so, but can anyone verify whether or not this is legitimately from O2? And if not, how I can prevent them from texting me in future? Thank you! slight_smile

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forward the spam text to 7726

Ring Customer Services to ask them to stop if its legit from 02.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forward the spam text to 7726

Ring Customer Services to ask them to stop if its legit from 02.
Message 2 of 6

MrsElleDee
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great, thank you - that text number is good to know. Yes, I will ring O2 - was just trying to avoid it as I spent 25 minutes on hold yesterday trying to upgrade my phone. wink

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know it can take a whole to get thro. Everyone seems to have issues or are upgrading at the same time !

Just keep in mind that its worth the wait to stop unwanted text messages.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it could be from O2 as I had them once asking to save wap settings & it was from 2030
Message 5 of 6

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Evening MrsElleDee.

I can confirm that they are legitimate messages being sent from O2.

You will automatically receive these messages if you either change your sim into another phone or change your tariff.

My first guess would be that your internet bolt-on may not match what phone you are using, or it may be O2's systems not recognising your phone is correctly set up or has not received the message.
Message 6 of 6