cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text & Web Tariff Changed Without Notification?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been on the Pay & Go Text and Web Tariff for around a year now. When I joined the tariff, it was described as 'unlimited texts and unlimited web allowance' and I was never charged for using my internet (not just Wi-Fi, but 3G as well). Since the recent data outages, when  I top up, instead of the usual message 'you now have unlimited texts and unlimited internet to use this month', I get a message saying I now have unlimited texts and 500mb of data. There was no message from O2 telling me this was changing, but regardless the 500mb data seems to go very quickly.

I am still told by O2 that I have unlimited text messages, but about two thirds of the way through the month, I am suddenly starting to get charged for messages. When I log in to 'My O2', the 'about your tariff' section says unlimited messages, but the 'remaining allowance' section states that I have no messaging units remaining.

Has the text & web tariff changed recently without informing customers? Or are O2 charging me without due cause?

I am topping up my £15 (for unlimited texts and internet, supposedly) every month, but am having to top up again about 20 days later, as my texts and internet run out. If they are unlimited, they shouldn't be running out. If they are not, O2 should surely have informed me that the tariff was changing before they started to charge me.

What is going on?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
That's wierd. I'm on contract with unlimited but it still shows none remaining in the what I've got left bit.

Your best bet would be to phone O2 about your last bill and ask why your being charged for something that should be covered in the unlimited part of your tarif.

You might find when you were reconnected to O2 after the blackout it didn't reinstate your tariff correctly. Only CS will be able to reinstate your tariff for you.

Let us know how you get on
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
That's wierd. I'm on contract with unlimited but it still shows none remaining in the what I've got left bit.

Your best bet would be to phone O2 about your last bill and ask why your being charged for something that should be covered in the unlimited part of your tarif.

You might find when you were reconnected to O2 after the blackout it didn't reinstate your tariff correctly. Only CS will be able to reinstate your tariff for you.

Let us know how you get on
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Unlimited texts is in fact limited to about 2990, and I'm sure unlimited data stopped more than a year ago.

This misunderstanding of the meaning of "unlimited" is approved by the regulators, so you can't even complain.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree.

Once an 02 employee said "unlimited texts" and after challenging him about the fair usage policy he changed his information !

As far as I'm aware 02 won't change your current tariff unless you agree vsometimes they cold call you to try.

I'm on a payg tariff that is no longer available and if given the option wouldn't change it.

As advised contact 02 and challenge them.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not surprised.. o2 are practising some very dodgy sales tactics lately.  they sold me a 24 month contract, then changed the terms of the contract after i signed up for it... effectively taking away my unlimited texts.. free o2 to o2 calls, and free lanline calls.  turning a 13.50 per mo. contract into £82 and growing tihs month.

I have been a long term customer and I really believe they are doign these things to extort money from customers.   if not .. they really have some messed up internal policies they need to get sorted.  O2 ... be accountable to these practices adn get you stuff together.

Message 5 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Taking on a new contract automatically negates your old one, which if you didn't need a new phone you could have stayed on.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
True but at this stage one can negotiate with the retention team. I would never visit the 02 shop as they are restricted.

If they won't do what you want or won't negotiate then get a PAC code and move or agree the new terms or end the contract and then re open a new one with a better tariff however this means losing your number 😞

One of the draws of running a contract is the option of upgrading to a nice new shiny phone. Nobody needs a new phone but will want one !

Personally I buy mine sim free so no changing of tariff for me !
Message 7 of 7