cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a contract phone with O2 . My text messages are sending but bouncing back as cant send

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
Open messages, settings and type in the message centre number :
Pay Monthly +447802000332
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have signal?

have you tried the status checker to see if there is a mast down near you 

http://status.o2.co.uk

Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
Open messages, settings and type in the message centre number :
Pay Monthly +447802000332
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Or text ACTIVE to 2020 and save the settings. If this is a new sim card you need to make sure it's a pay monthly as pay and go sim cards have a different message centre number stored.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was unable to send txts yesterday and although I am able to now, I haven't been able to receive any texts for 24 hours. Every time I ring O2, they say their engineers are working on it, and it'll be 'fixed in an hour'. This is totally unacceptable. Why is no one else complaining and/or why are O2 not advertising this so that people know about it?

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I was unable to send txts yesterday and although I am able to now, I haven't been able to receive any texts for 24 hours. Every time I ring O2, they say their engineers are working on it, and it'll be 'fixed in an hour'. This is totally unacceptable. Why is no one else complaining and/or why are O2 not advertising this so that people know about it?

If you say O2 told you they are working on it...have you checked your network status? http://status.o2.co.uk/

It could be problems with the mast. Check your message centre number as shown above...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
O2 (nor any network) won't "advertise" every single local network issue - that's just unrealistic.
They do, however, provide every customer with a means to check themselves.
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Try cleaning the sim and rebooting the phone. Fixes many sms problems..........

Message 8 of 8