Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff

GnomeChomsky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

1. My monthly tariff is £15.99 but my latest bill shows that I use less than 10% of my permitted data, and far less of my minutes or text messages. Why are you suggesting I change to a tariff costing £20.25 per month, instead of creating a cheaper fariff to show that you actually care about low-users?

2. Why is it so difficult to make contact? The link is on most pages, but only leads down a rabbit hole of direct chat, postal address, menus to indicate what I want to discuss, ... If there was an email address I could set out my questions and attach a copy of my bill for you to see my point more clearly.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @GnomeChomsky this isn't O2 so we cannot answer your questions I'm afraid.

Although there is no email address for customer service we do have a comprehensive contact guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201413#M2924...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35223 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Fair questions, @GnomeChomsky.

Typically it is easier to go up to a higher than down to a lower tariff, and never below the tariff you signed up for (in my experience).

And yes, the lack of email address is frustrating, but all contact methods are here: https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If you are near an O2 store, you get good advice in there, but best to do this before you sign-up, alas. 

Welcome to the forum, @GnomeChomsky

Message 3 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@GnomeChomsky  You can speak to customer service by calling 202 from your mobile. It's a free call. Here is a link to contact customer service too: https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 10

GnomeChomsky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you all, but I am not impressed at all. 

I actually came to the website with a view to adding a landline and broadband package to my mobile contract but, on the basis of my experience today, I am more likely to switch my mobile contract away from O2. 

The attempt to take even more more money from vulnerable customers is shocking and deserves wider exposure.

Message 5 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@GnomeChomsky  O2 don't do land lines or broadband packages. If you want to leave, please take a look at this guide to cancel your contract: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 10

GnomeChomsky
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The irony!

In my attempt to offer them more business, I have discovered their shabby attempt to cheat me out of even more money while offering nothing meaningful in return. Otherwise I would have likely stayed with them for longer. 

Life is sweet.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@GnomeChomsky if you took your tariff after 22 March 2018 you may still be able to flex down to a cheaper tariff https://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/flexible-tariffs

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35223 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Like any company, O2 are in the business to make money. The buyer is free to go elsewhere, or to explore options to reduce the cost (O2Open, O2 Friends and Family, etc).

I thought about Vodafone, as they offered broadband too - but not in the part of the country where I live.

I use Virginmedia for landline and broadband, but the coverage on their mobile offering is nowhere near as good as O2's where I live.

Caveat emptor - buyer beware.

Good luck with the move to a better, cheaper provider, provided it meets all your needs, @GnomeChomsky

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Any network would always 'encourage' you to take a higher tariff. They are in the business of making money and customer loyalty is not something they bother too much about. Speaking to an adviser is always the best form of contact. Live chat is laughable at times but never forget that a salesman is always a salesman and is usually more concerned about bonuses rather than the customer already tied into a contract.

However, the customer is rarely in a position to be unable to say 'no thanks'.

Message 10 of 10