cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking out a new contract - number swap?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

On Monday I took out a new contract (with O2 again) through an external supplier because they had far better deals than O2 directly.  My current O2 contract ends in December - but I was told I can transfer my 'old' number and this would automatically cancel my contract (generate an early termination charge) and then my new contract has my old number which is what I wanted.

This appears to have gone fine - on Wednesday my new phone suddenly had my old number so that's great.

However when I login to 'My O2' it states 'Disconnected bill' and has no details about my new contract.  O2 customer service insist it will change soon but they won't give me a date.  The first person I spoke to though said it would take just 24 hours so it should be fine now.   I'm just concerned as I don't know my data usage etc.  I just want to login and see my new contract

Anyone else had experience of this?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You should have a new log in for the new contract - your old one won't work anymore.
It will be your email address and a new password so call CS to get it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You should have a new log in for the new contract - your old one won't work anymore.
It will be your email address and a new password so call CS to get it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks mate

I tried to reset my password (from using my phone number) and it picked up my new account as well as the old one.

It won't let me change the username to my old email address though (obviously already in use).  Should I wait for my old email address to die (when the outstanding bill is paid) and then try to use it?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You'll probably need cs to change an already in use email by linking both accounts, unless you have that option available to you ?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, can you let me know which website you made a new contract with? Thank you

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, can you let me know which website you made a new contract with? Thank you

Use a search engine to find deals - it is against the T&C's on here to recommend a competitor of o2.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6